Hassane M. Zarour, MD
- Professor, Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology/Oncology
- Professor, Department of Immunology
- Professor, Department of Dermatology
- James W. and Frances G. McGlothlin Chair in Melanoma Immunotherapy Research
- Co-Leader, Melanoma Program
Education & Training
- Fellowship, Tumor Immunology, Ludwig Institute for cancer Research, Brussels, 1995
- Residency, Dermatology, Marseille School of Medicine (France), 1991
- Dermatology, Marseille School of Medicine (France), 1991
- MD, Marseille School of Medicine (France), 1991
Identification of MHC class II tumor epitopes derived from the cancer-germline (also called cancer-testis) antigens expressed by melanomas and other solid tumors (NY-ESO-1/LAGE-1). Special emphasis on promiscuous DR-restricted and DP4-restricted epitopes.
Analysis of the CD4+ T cell responses induced by tumor epitopes, protein and CpG in association with different subsets of dendritic cells.
Analysis of spontaneous cellular (CD8 and CD4+ T cells) and humoral responses against these antigens from the blood of patients with melanoma and other solid tumors.
Dissection of cellular and humoral responses in patients with melanoma and other solid tumors undergoing peptide-based and protein-based vaccine therapy in association with CpG oligonucleotides.