Avani Bharat Parikh
- 3rd Year GS
Why did you choose the University of Pittsburgh?
I chose for 3 major reasons:
- Breadth of research opportunities in tumor immunology
- Extensive collaboration within and outside immunology department
- Pittsburgh's a fun city to live and explore
Education & Training
- MS in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Northeastern University, 2018
- Bachelor of Pharmacy, University of Mumbai, 2016
Hickman, T. L., Choi, E., Whiteman, K. R., Muralidharan, S., Pai, T., Johnson, T., Parikh, A., Friedman, T., Gilbert, M., Shen, B., Barron, L., McGinness, K. E., Ettenberg, S. A., Motz, G. T., Weiss, G. J., & Jensen-Smith, A. (2022). BOXR1030, an anti-GPC3 CAR with exogenous GOT2 expression, shows enhanced T cell metabolism and improved antitumor activity. BioRxiv, 2021.11.17.469041.
Parayath, N. N., Parikh, A., & Amiji, M. M. (2018). Repolarization of Tumor-Associated Macrophages in a Genetically Engineered Nonsmall Cell Lung Cancer Model by Intraperitoneal Administration of Hyaluronic Acid-Based Nanoparticles Encapsulating MicroRNA-125b. Nano Letters, 18(6), 3571–3579.